Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Old Crates & Shipping Boxes
The old crate or shipping box was so useful many years ago.  After an item was shipped, the box was used around the farm or homestead for other things.  These old boxes & crates are becoming harder to find since many end up in landfills.  I enjoy re-purposing these old crate so they can be used in useful ways around the house.  When they are in bad condition we do make repairs & even paint them.  The important thing is that they are kept for future generations to enjoy.  The old primitive and antique items I collect and sell is a reflection of our past and I enjoy passing these things on to the next generation.  Once these old items are gone they will never be reproduced and they will be lost for ever.

Check out my ebay listings for crates -  old boxes - and other old & vintage items
My seller ID is sunnydaz8 



These are just a few of the crates & boxes I have sold on ebay
We added a shelf to the inside of this old crate to make a useful cupboard

This was a salesman case with a leather handle and I re-purposed into a display cabinet for the wall

So, when going to yards sales or flea markets look for an old box or crate and give it a new purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment